Monday, July 9, 2007

Southern Michigan Travel Journal -- Destination City

So, I’m off to Southern Michigan on business for a couple of days, and to pass the time and to deal with the boredom, I present the “Southern Michigan Travel Journal.” I’m sure this will be thrilling…

Destination City, 10:30 pm
Because I’m traveling on business and I refuse to write about my work on this blog, the name of my final destination shall remain a secret. Let’s just say that it’s like a mini-Fitchburg only bigger, if you catch my drift.

I took the old highway here from the Detroit area (as opposed to taking the interstate). As usual, it was worth the trip. I found out that the car was equipped with XM radio, so I cruised down the old road through bypassed towns with classic country on the radio. As it should be. I was fighting with the GPS system the whole way, as the voice kept yelling at me to turn onto the interstate, but I ignored it.

There was a couple of old 40s and 50s era motels with their big neon signs along the way. Entering this city I passed an Arby’s with an original sign, which was cool. Reminded me of the old sign that used to be in Webster Square in Worcester. Otherwise, there isn’t much of anything in this town. About the only other thing that stood out was that they have a huge self-service recycling center right in the middle of downtown. If you are envisioning a park full of dumpsters, you would be correct.

Oh, and the hotel has free wifi, which makes this place better than Logan Airport.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER