Saturday, December 9, 2006

Wordpress or Wordmess?

I tried migrating my posts to a Wordpress blog, essentially to see if I liked it better than blogger. Since I did, all of my previous posts here have become an amalgam of run-on paragraphs.

Apparently, something about the migration process removed carriage returns from previous posts. The thing that's really weird is that the posts look normal (with correct line spacing) in the preview and composition areas, but are mush when I look at the published blog.

Guess I'll have to throw myself at the mercy of the Blogger staff to see if they can bail me out again. At least the whole thing isn't gone like it was when I attempted to move to Blogger Beta.

In any event, I invite you to go to the Wordpress No Drumlins site and then let me know which you like better.

Update: OK, that was really strange. Apparently during the migration process, my settings were changed to ignore line breaks. The idea that Wordpress would somehow change my settings to make my old blog essentially unreadable is certainly strike one against them. Anyway, I think I've fixed it.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER