Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's time to make the donuts

All I want is a Bavarian creme donut. Apparently, that's too much to ask of my local Dunkin' Donuts.

Since I was a kid, I have enjoyed Bavarian creme donuts. Most Sunday mornings when I was growing up, Dad would bring home Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast and I always had a Bavarian creme. It was what I did.

Now that I'm a somewhat responsible adult, I've shied away from donuts with powdered sugar, primarily because I don't want to show up at work with sugar all over my mug or down the front of my shirt. But it's a Saturday morning, we're out of cereal, so I decided I'd run down to get a coffee and a couple of donuts. I figure, "I don't care if I cover myself with powdered sugar, because I'm just lazing around the house anyway. I think I'll have a Bavarian creme donut."

Apparently, I have to fly all the way to frickin' Bavaria if I want a Bavarian creme donut because I can't get one at the Dunkin' Donuts on Central Street in Leominster.

To make matters worse, I then asked for a cinnamon donut because, again, it doesn't matter if I cover myself in powder...well, you get the gist.

"I'm sorry sir, we don't have cinnamon donuts."

It's a donut shop. "Donuts" is half of the name of the place. You'd think that I could get any of a number of different varieties of donuts at a place called Dunkin' DONUTS!

Note to the folks running Dunkin' Donuts: If I want bagels, I'll go to a bagel shop. If I want sandwiches, I'll go to a sandwich shop. If I want cookies or pastry, I'll go to a bakery. If I want donuts, I'll go to a donut shop.

Apparently I picked the wrong one.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER