Friday, January 4, 2008

As I was saying...

I feel pretty good about my predictions last night. I nailed the Republican side with the exception of Fred Thompson.

Candidate....Me....Actual
Huckabee......34..........34
Romney.........27..........25
McCain.........16...........13
Paul.............10...........10
Thompson.......7...........13
Giuliani...........5............4

I was off on the Democratic side, getting John Edwards and Barack Obama flip-flopped. I also greatly overestimated the ability of the bottom four candidates to be viable. But I did correctly predict Hillary Clinton would finish third.

So what's next? Armageddon in New Hampshire. Neither Mitt Romney or John McCain can afford to lose New Hampshire. The loser is out. On the Democratic side if Obama wins, it's over. If Clinton or Edwards wins, we're in for the long haul.

The campaign over the next four days is going to be incredibly brutal, starting with tomorrow night's debates. I can't believe I'm writing this, but it's a tossup right now whether or not I watch the debates or stay with the NFL playoff game.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER