Saturday, January 26, 2008

Guess I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue

glueOr at least a bad week to stop blogging. I've been pretty faithful in live-blogging just about every presidential debate for the last year and the one week I decide to lay low, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton finally had a WWE-style throwdown. Had I been blogging it, I'd have given the victory to John Edwards, who has been correctly making hay of being the only candidate representing the "Grown-up wing of the Democratic Party."

Ah well, at least the Republican Debate was a complete bore. As much as it pains me to say it, Mitt Romney was the clear winner as I was watching. If it is enough to push him into a victory in Florida, he may in fact end up being the nominee, but he still has some work to do on February 5. If McCain can hold on to win Florida, I think he'll end up winning the nomination.

One other political point: My prediction for tonight's South Carolina primary: Obama 45, Clinton 28, Edwards 26.

113smallIn other news...I've been spending my time not blogging on my other website, MassRoutes.com, which is my attempt to drive and photograph every mile of numbered Massachusetts state highways. It's been a bit of a slow go. I've been working on adding some of my photos to the site this week, and spent Wednesday driving through the Merrimack Valley.

Finally, I came across this great video of the Nazi high command breaking the news of the Cowboys playoff loss to Der Fuhrer. It isn't safe for work or family, but it is funny.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER