Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm a free agent

While it's been appearing inevitable for some time, my candidate Bill Richardson finally pulled the plug on his campaign. So I'm a free agent, and I'm not yet sure who will get my vote in the February 5 primary.

There is no doubt in my mind that Gov. Richardson would have made the best president of all of the candidates running, but the fact is that he did not have enough of what it takes to win. Candidates either need a built-in constituency, the support of the party establishment, or a personal connection that trumps the other two factors in order to become president. Richardson had none of those.

What he did have was a plan for Iraq, the credibility to deal with both our allies and enemies, and more experience than any of his rivals. Unfortunately, he also had an inability to answer debate questions in 30 seconds and an odd penchant for outfits from the Kim Jong Il collection.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER