Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted

I cast my vote this morning at 8:15 (with an assist from Jackson, who slid the ballot into the machine for me). I was the 302nd vote in Sterling's precinct 2. There were no lines when I checked in, but 3/4 or so of the booths were full. One of the election workers told me that there had been long lines from the time the polls opened at 7:00 am until around 8:00.

At the time of the town election in May there were 2844 voters registered in my precinct, which means turnout was roughly 10% in the first hour. That doesn't mean that turnout is unusually heavy--in 2004 over 80% of Sterling's registered voters cast ballots. But it looks like essentially all able-bodied voters in town will come out to cast a ballot.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER