Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Changing my mind on rain

I used to enjoy big rainstorms. There was something kind of cool about watching the rivers rise around Lancaster, seeing the Bolton Flats flood, and wondering if I could drive down 117 to work, or if I'd have to find another way around.

That all changed yesterday. Michelle and I came home from a weekend at her brother's wedding to find a foot of water in our basement. Now, you might wonder how in the world a house on the top of a hill could fill up with water. I know I do. It's not like we are in a basin or have a raging river near by. But there it was, a basement full of water.

After two days of pumping, we're mostly dry. I can't get the pilot on the hot water heater to light, however. Anyone care to share a hot shower?
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER