Monday, March 5, 2007

A moving target

Why did we move? Reason number one:

The view from my front porch on February 28:

The view from my front porch on March 1:

I've been needing to remind myself of this a couple of times over the last few days. No two ways about it...moving sucks. At least we're not going to have to do it again.

I had this romantic idea that I'd wake up the first morning in our new home, come downstairs, look out the picture window at our incredible view, and feel like had awaken in an old country Bed and Breakfast. In reality, I came downstairs and felt like I got up in a Bed and Breakfast full of crap.

We really have a lot of junk. This house is nearly twice the size of the home we just moved from, so I figured that the new house would be less cluttered than the old one. I've realized that the difference in square footage only means that the clutter is just spread out a little bit thinner.

But we're slowly getting things together. I told Michelle last night that I'm looking forward to a little less doing and a little more being, but I think we're still a few weeks away from getting back into a regular routine.

After a couple of rough days, Jackson has settled in. He didn't sleep well at all the first couple of nights here and had generally been cranky while he was awake. But he's been a lot better the last couple of days, and has taken to exploring as much of the house as he can. The hardwood floors are taking some getting used to, as he lands a little harder when he falls than he did on the carpet at the old place, but he's starting to get it all figured out.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER