Friday, July 7, 2006

Welcome to the neighborhood

The Sentinel and Enterprise reported this morning that work has begun on the first of 74 new homes to be built off of Willard Street. That won't help traffic much on Central Street (not to mention the increased threat of moose accidents).

I'm always skeptical when a businessman suggests he is doing us a favor by selling us something, so bells went off in my head when I read this:

LEOMINSTER -- Developer Gregg Lisciotti says he plans to build 74 single-family homes on a subdivision off Willard Street.

The homes will each have three bedrooms and a two-car garage, and will be priced around $350,000, he said.

"We're aggressively pricing these and it's going to fill a void that Leominster needs," he said. "I don't think there are any more new homes in that range."

Boy, it seems like we have a lot of homes for sale in town, so I checked Realtor.com to see exactly how many homes in Leominster fit that description. Specifically, I looked for homes that were less than 10 years old and priced between $300,000 and $400,000.

I was surprised to see that there are, in fact, only 19 homes on Realtor.com that meet those criteria.

I don't know how much demand there is for $350,000 new homes and I don't believe that Mr. Lisciotti is building this development out of the goodness of his heart to serve the people of Leominster, but it was refreshing to see that for once, you can believe the hype.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER