Monday, July 14, 2008

Cape Cod

We are spending the week on the Cape and so far, so fabulous. The weather has been great, the water has been warm, Jackson is having a great time, and Michelle and I have been able to kick back a little bit and just relax. Here are a few pics from our first weekend here...

Cape 039b
There are a pair of ospreys who have been feeding in the lagoon where our beach sits. I had waded about 100 feet out in the water when I took this photo of one of them overhead. Just after I snapped the picture, she dove into the lagoon about 15 yards from where I was standing and emerged from the surf with a fish. It was fascinating and a little bit awe inspiring to see such a majestic bird hunting from that short distance. Michelle and I have been watching birds for a while, and it is definitely one of the coolest things I've seen.

DSCF0192
Jackson kicking it in the hammock swing.

Cape 029
Jackson looking for someone to take him out in the Kayak.

Cape 032
Jackson helping me paddle out into the lagoon.

Cape 016
Jackson and Michelle enjoying the beach.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER