Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fits and starts...and a baby

Part of me envies bloggers who get to do it as a job--they get to read news, blogs, and other things all day, and when something catches their fancy, they write about it. For the rest of us, when we come across something that is interesting, we make note of it and hope that we’re still awake enough and motivated enough to write about it after we get home, have dinner, play with the kid(s), put them to bed, clean the house (OK, so I don’t lose a lot of time cleaning...but someone else must), walk the dog, put out the trash...you get the idea.

Even when I'm blogging a lot, I lose a lot of posts in my head because I’m just not as fired up about something when I get home as I was when I first came across it at lunch or whenever. But recently, it’s been almost impossible to get a thought from my noontime brain to my nighttime keyboard. It just hasn’t been happening.

In part, I think I’m suffering from political fatigue or burnout or whatever you want to call it. It was a very long election season and now that the good guys have won I’m having a hard time keeping my interest at such a high level. I know it will pick up again, but lately a lot of political items and opinions have been ending up in the waste bin of my mind.

I guess what I’m getting at is the recent trend of blogging in fits and starts as opposed to writing almost daily will probably continue. I may go on a two- or three-day blogging binge followed by a week or two of inactivity. It’s not like I will be getting less busy--once our daughter arrives in seven weeks or so I can only imagine how much less time I will have.

You know, now that I think about it, I’m not sure I ever announced on the blog that we are having another baby. Well, if I didn’t, here is the announcement:

We are expecting a daughter, Sara Elisabeth, to be born sometime around January 28. With just seven weeks to go, everything is on track for a healthy baby girl. Michelle is also doing well, thanks. We’re thrilled, and Jackson is also excited. He says that when Sara comes, he wants to help tuck her in. I think he’ll make a great big brother.

Anyway...if you’ve followed this stream of consciousness this far, I hope you’ll keep checking in. If you’re lucky, you just might find another new post or two. If not, keep stopping by...you never know when something might make its way out of me head and onto the Internet.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment



 

No Drumlins Copyright © 2009 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by SAER